Senior Cyber Security Engineer (Contract Position)
CarTek is looking to hire a Senior Cyber Security Engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cyber security methodologies. Senior Cyber Security Engineers are expected to have a meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, a Cyber Security Engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audits. Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems and troubleshooting of the network.
- Conduct Cybersecurity Assessments independently
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Ability to interpret the assessment findings and possibly implement mitigations
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organizations data, systems and networks.
- Troubleshooting security and network problems.
- Ensuring that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Participating in the change management process.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
- Government Security Clearance Preferred
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification is preferred, but not required
- Experience is performing security assessments independently using NIST 800-53 and or ISO27000 Frameworks
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- One of the following is required: CISSP, GIAC, CASP, CRISC
- 5 or more years of work experience conducting assessments, interpreting findings, and making recommendations.
- IoT Security knowledge is highly desired – specifically in the industrial control system (ICS) space
- Ability to take packet captures and understand the output as related to security events
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
- Must provide 3 references & Submit to background Investigation